Monday, July 27, 2009

In the Tropics


Hot humid NYC summers! I'm cool with it when I'm appropriately dressed and my hair is equipped to handle mother's nature reminder that I should be happy nappy. I designed this tubal tropical dress about 7 years ago for my very first fashion show in Florida. I am able to still get into the dress as one of my models was a curvy size 6! My show was at a lounge and several artists, buyers and locals showed up. It was a labor of love from all my friends for the 3 minute show. I featured about 9 looks. 
It was a good start for my slow venture into fashion but geeeeez looking back some of those pieces were well, let's just say I would not wear it now! I did manage to get the collection into a small boutique that featured vintage and custom pieces. 
What I love about this dress is the feeling of being free! Sometimes I just don't care for the restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment